One Year Diploma in English Under SIU
Diploma of Proficiency in English & Career Skills (DPE&CS)
This diploma is only for International students.
It is a full-time One Year Diploma programme under Symbiosis International (Deemed University). It helps you improve your English Language Communication both in Spoken and Written skills.
This programme will help you in achieving better proficiency of English for getting into universities for higher education and good job opportunities.
Prerequisite: Students need to have basic knowledge in English.
Structure of the Programme
The programme is spread over 2 semesters in one year.
In semester-1, there are 7 courses.
In semester-2, there are 7 courses.
The programme shall run 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. In addition, the student would also work in the reading room/language lab.
In addition to the English language courses, the following Non-exam Grade Courses(without examination) are included in the programme:
Semester 1: Spoken Hindi & Open Discussions
Semester 2: Personality Development or a Field Visit and Assignment
Passing High School / Secondary School / Diploma
Enhanced Communication Skills-I (Speaking and Listening)
Functional Grammar – I
Reading Comprehension and Analysis Skills
Non exam grade course:
Professional Writing Skills
Functional Grammar – II
Enhanced Communication Skills-II
Language through Literature
Cambridge English Training
Non exam grade course: Personality Development / Field Visit and Assignment
SCHEDULE AND FEES
|Name of the course||Duration||Period||Fees||Eligibility|
|Diploma of Proficiency in English and Career Skills [Awarded by Symbiosis International (Deemed University)]||1 YEAR||JULY 01, 2020 TO JUNE 30 2021||US$ 2175||High School / Secondary Education / Diploma|
Students will also need to pay the following after reporting at ELTIS
Books & course materials: Indian Rs. 3500/-
Cost of Student’s Guidebook: Indian Rs. 500/-
- Timings: 11:05 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday
10:40 am to 3:35 pm on Saturday
(All Sundays and 2nd and 4th Saturdays are offs.)
2. Admission: Admission is granted on first-come-first-served basis.
3. Guidance: Students will get a Proficiency Test and free counselling by a faculty advisor.
4. Teaching Methodology:
- Interactive classroom sessions
- Audio-visual sessions
- Computer lab sessions
- Co-curricular and extra curricular activities
- Audio-recording of presentations
- Mock interviews
- Role- plays
- Individual presentations
- Group discussions
Note: Students with special needs receive personal attention from the faculty.
5. Criteria for passing:
- Minimum 75% attendance is necessary to appear for the examinations.
- Students are required to score minimum 50% marks under each head and an aggregate score of 60% to get awarded with a certificate.
6. Fees include the following:
- Tuition fees
- Charges for events & activities
- Exam fees
- Accident Insurance for the course period (applicable from the second week)
- Health Insurance (applicable from the second month)
- Free Medical check up
- Use of Computerized Language Laboratory
- Use of Library facilities, incl. Net Cafe.
7. Certification: Certificates will be awarded by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) to successful candidates.
8. Cambridge Assessment English: ELTIS is an authorised exam centre for Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge, UK. Hence, we offer various Cambridge English Tests to our International Students to obtain an international certificate of English language proficiency.
- The students appear for a test to determine a suitable Cambridge English test for them.
- Students who clock 80% attendance during DPE & CS Sem – I & Sem – II are offered free seats for the test along with the training.
- Otherwise, a student may pay and appear for the test.
- Certificate will be awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge , UK.
Note: Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.